Heritage High School’s Spirit Booster Club invites the public to attend its first annual “Prom Resale and Vendor Showcase Fundraiser.”
Vendors and sellers will be set up in the Heritage gym Saturday, Feb. 11, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Tori Washburn, secretary and cheerleading coach at Heritage High, is hoping the new idea will catch on and become an annual community event that benefits everyone involved.
“What we were envisioning was providing a place where girls could bring their gently used prom dresses, purses, and shoes in to resell,” said Washburn. “Girls looking for good deals could come in and shop around and maybe find some really great deals.
“Students from all surrounding schools can come take advantage of it. It's not just for Heritage students. We are also hoping to have local businesses come set up — hair, nails, tanning salons, make-up, jewelry, accessories, florists, limo rental, tux rental places. We are asking vendors to donate one item or service worth $25 for us to raffle off at the end of the event.
“This will allow people to see what services are out there, book appointments or get info and maybe win a cool prize. It gives the businesses a chance to promote and advertise their product or services.”
There will be a small fee at the door of $2 and one raffle ticket is included with the admission fee. Additional raffle tickets may be purchased for $1 each.
To reserve a space and obtain a registration form contact: Rhonda Cox 423-987-7175, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Spaces are first-come, first-serve and not guaranteed without completed registration form.
Here are the general guidelines and information:
· Drop-off date/site: Monday, Feb. 6, from 4-7 p.m., or Wednesday, Feb. 8, from 4-7 p.m. in the HHS Media Center
· Sellers must price merchandise and all dresses must be appropriate for high school prom. County dress code applies.
· Bring dress(es), shoes and handbags in gently used and in CLEAN condition. No more than 5 years old.
· Expect dress(es), shoes and handbags to be carefully handled, stored and secured. Release waiver to be com-pleted before items will be accepted for sale.
· Seller must attach price tag to each item being sold.
· Seller receives 80% of sold price; remaining 20% of sold price goes towards HHS basketball cheerleaders.
· Seller will be notified via email by Sunday evening if their dress(es), shoes and handbags need to be reclaimed. Sellers may choose to reclaim or donate unsold dress(es), shoes and handbags. Donated dress(es), shoes and hand-bags will be given to girls in need.
· Allow up to 10 days to receive profits from sold dress(es)/shoes/handbags. Checks will be from the HHS Spirit Booster Club.
· Reclaim unsold dress(es) and shoes on Monday, Feb. 13, from 4-7 p.m.. For alternate pickup time call 423-987-7175.
· Cash or checks ONLY! No credit cards will be accepted.
· All sales are FINAL, NO refunds/NO returns.
· Display and provide a glimpse into your service (hair, nails, tan, jewelry, flowers, etc.).
· Setup will begin on Saturday, Feb. 11, at 7:30 a.m.
· Vendors will need to bring their own tables if possible and all items and equipment needed.
· NO FEE – We only ask for one item worth $25 to donate to a raffle. Any more items you are willing to give are appreciated.