· As part of an ongoing effort to provide complete specialty coverage for Hutcheson, Erlanger and Hutcheson have agreed to a contract with Peter Mulhern to provide the majority of orthopedic coverage for the emergency room.
· Debbie Reeves, Erlanger administrator at Hutcheson, was invited to speak to local business leaders at the Ringgold Rotary Club Aug. 16. This allowed her the opportunity to communicate recent progress and exciting changes at the Hutcheson campus.
· Supporting local students in the area of economics and business, Hutcheson and Erlanger will be involved in the Junior Achievement Strike for Education bowling event Saturday, Aug. 20. The money raised will help bring their volunteer-driven financial literacy program to students throughout the north Georgia and Chattanooga area.
· Erlanger trauma coordinator Beth Jordan has been meeting weekly with a number of Hutcheson personnel, including radiology, ICU, ED, rehab, lab and IT services, in an effort to assess and build Hutcheson’s trauma and orthopedics program.
· As part of ongoing discussions with the medical community about Hutcheson’s revitalization process, the next Erlanger at Hutcheson Physician’s Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 5:30 p.m. at the Ambulatory Surgical Center lobby on the Parkway.
Article submitted by Hutcheson Medical Center.